Keeping an upbeat attitude can be the difference between life and death in a survival situation. Because of this, we decided to include a few things here that will hopefully put a smile on your face.
1) The survival tool I've been waiting for my whole life!
2) Why playing dead works with bears!
3) Why do people go fishing in Alaska? Just for the Halibut!
4) What we've learned from survival shows on TV:
5) How to tell apart the different species of Bears
A married couple was vacationing in Yosemite. The wife expressed her concern about camping because of bears and said she would feel more comfortable in a motel. The husband said that he'd like to camp. To calm her concerns, he suggested they talk to the park ranger to see what the likelihood of a bear encounter would be.
The ranger told them, "Well, we haven't seen any grizzlies in this area so far this year, or black bears, for that matter."
The wife shrieked, "There are TWO types of bears out here? How can you tell the difference? Which one is more dangerous?"
The ranger replied, "Well, that's easy -- see, if the bear chases you up a tree and it comes up after you, it's a BLACK bear. If it SHAKES the tree until you fall out, it's a grizzly."
The motel room was quite nice.